Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Héctor A <ne...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/18 16:17:39 UTC

[Flex Offtopic] Some questions

Hello guys,

  Sorry for posting this question in this group: My current company is
organising a programming contest in 3 months, and people around here asked
if Azure could be used for it. Since you use Azure for Flex I thought it
could be worth asking about it here.

  I looked into Azure, but it was like 1.5 years ago, and mainly to play
with some of the APIs provided. The people behind the event want to be able
to set a Git repository, and some server that will allow the people to
upload and run PHP code, ASP, etc. It's going to be a contest where the
people have to use web technologies, so Flash/Flex, PHP, JavaScript, Haxe,
TypeScript, etc, etc, would be allowed, and would be nice to allow them to
upload the content to a web server.

  What do you think? Some free-limited subscription to Azure could be
enough?

Sorry again for the offtopic here.

Re: [Flex Offtopic] Some questions

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 1/18/16, 11:14 AM, "Héctor A" <ne...@gmail.com> wrote:

>https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/free-trial/ I don't know how
>good
>it is tho.
>
>My previous company has a MSDN subscription, and so we had every month
>some
>small quota or something like that, but as I say, I only played with some
>APIs (mainly the ones for storage, to see if we could move several of our
>applications to the cloud with minimal changes).
>
>I only know a few cloud services, and it's been some time since I last
>looked at them, so I don't know what to tell the guys here heh.
>
>It doesn't look like Azure may be a good candidate then, although since
>the
>contest is going to be for two days it may be good enough if the free
>option gives some nice machine...

AIUI, the free trial gives you some "money" to spend and you can use the
pricing calculator here [1] to determine if the "money" will be enough for
your needs. If you only need a fast VM for a couple of days it might be
enough.

-Alex

[1] https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/

Re: [Flex Offtopic] Some questions