Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Tugdual Grall <tu...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/24 11:35:17 UTC

Axis2 and xsi:nil="1": what is the plan?

Hello,

I am using Axis2 1.1 and have an issue with the way that Axis2 stub deals
with the xsi:nil construct.

My server is OracleAS JAX-RPC implementation and the SOAP response is:

---
  <ns0:getCustomerResponseElement>
   <ns0:result>
    <ns0:firstName >Tug</ns0:firstName>
    <ns0:lastName
      xsi:nil="1" />
   </ns0:result>
  </ns0:getCustomerResponseElement>
-----

So based on the Schema definition and discussion of the Jira issue :
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2007 it is a valid way of
respresenting nil.

However the code generated by a wsd2java command only test the string
"true", I believe it will be great if both values could be tested:
  if (!"true".equals(reader.getAttributeValue("
http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance","nil"))){
So it does not catch when the value is xsi:nil="1".

Should I log a JIRA issue?

Regards
Tug

Re: Axis2 and xsi:nil="1": what is the plan?

Posted by Amila Suriarachchi <am...@gmail.com>.
fixed this in the trunk

On 1/24/07, Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> Yes - Please do. Then we will not at all forget about this (:)) and
> you can also mark the severity accordingly.
>
> Ajith
>
> On 1/24/07, Tugdual Grall <tu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am using Axis2 1.1 and have an issue with the way that Axis2 stub
> deals
> > with the xsi:nil construct.
> >
> > My server is OracleAS JAX-RPC implementation and the SOAP response is:
> >
> > ---
> >   <ns0:getCustomerResponseElement>
> >    <ns0:result>
> >     <ns0:firstName >Tug</ns0:firstName>
> >     <ns0:lastName
> >        xsi:nil="1" />
> >    </ns0:result>
> >   </ns0:getCustomerResponseElement>
> > -----
> >
> > So based on the Schema definition and discussion of the Jira issue :
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AXIS2-2007 it is a
> > valid way of respresenting nil.
> >
> > However the code generated by a wsd2java command only test the string
> > "true", I believe it will be great if both values could be tested:
> >   if
> > (!"true".equals(reader.getAttributeValue("
> http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance
> > ","nil"))){
> > So it does not catch when the value is xsi:nil="1".
> >
> > Should I log a JIRA issue?
> >
> > Regards
> > Tug
>

> --
> Ajith Ranabahu

Amila Suriarachchi,
WSO2 Inc.

Re: Axis2 and xsi:nil="1": what is the plan?

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

--
Ajith Ranabahu