Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by "Henning P. Schmiedehausen" <hp...@intermeta.de> on 2005/09/05 16:21:35 UTC

java Source code - ISO or UTF?

Hi,

when compiling the current 2.3 tree with JDK 1.5.0, it spits out a
number of messages about character encoding. This can be remedied by
declaring the source tree as "ISO-8859-1" encoded.

Do we want to keep this or update the offending files to UTF-8 and use
this as default?

Personally, I'd prefer UTF-8.

	Regards
		Henning

		      4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42

Re: java Source code - ISO or UTF?

Posted by Jeffery Painter <pa...@kiasoft.com>.
UTF-8
+1

-- jeff painter

Posted by Siegfried Goeschl <si...@it20one.at>.
Hi folks,

the trouble with all of the encodings is that it is very easy to corrupt
the source code with an editor since the encoding can't be detected
automatically.

Having said that UTF-8 rocks

Cheers,

Siegfried Goeschl