Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Luke Sheldrick <lu...@sheldrick.co.uk> on 2008/03/10 00:12:29 UTC

Whitelisting internal MX

Hi,

I've impleneted sa over the weekend on my personal / dev mx. I am using the following versions on fedora 9.

spamassassin.i386                        3.2.4-1.fc8            installed
exim.i386                                4.68-1.fc8             installed

Now I have a problem in that my primary mx (where I have put this in place) is in a london dc, however my backup is at home.

The home has a dynamic ip (well classed as dynamic, hasnt changed in two years), and so when mail gets queued there and then sent to the primary, it marks all mail as spam as it comes from a dynamic ip.

Also when my exchange box relays through this box, it is running it all through spam assassin.

Is there a way to add ips/host names in, so it will just accept/relay these mails.

I have added the following in the local.cf but doesn't seem to have helped?

trusted_networks 82.34.176.147 85.92.86.21 85.92.86.22 85.92.86.23 85.92.86.24

anyone have any idea?

Many thanks

Re: Whitelisting internal MX

Posted by Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>.
On 09.03.08 23:12, Luke Sheldrick wrote:
> I've impleneted sa over the weekend on my personal / dev mx. I am using
> the following versions on fedora 9.

please,. configure your MUA to wrap lines below 90 characters per line.
Thank you.

> spamassassin.i386                        3.2.4-1.fc8            installed
> exim.i386                                4.68-1.fc8             installed
>
> Now I have a problem in that my primary mx (where I have put this in
> place) is in a london dc, however my backup is at home.

> The home has a dynamic ip (well classed as dynamic, hasnt changed in two
> years), and so when mail gets queued there and then sent to the primary,
> it marks all mail as spam as it comes from a dynamic ip.

using SMTP authentication with correct auth info in Received: lined should
fix this issue.

> Also when my exchange box relays through this box, it is running it all
> through spam assassin.
>
> Is there a way to add ips/host names in, so it will just accept/relay
> these mails.
>
> I have added the following in the local.cf but doesn't seem to have helped?
>
> trusted_networks 82.34.176.147 85.92.86.21 85.92.86.22 85.92.86.23
> 85.92.86.24

your secondary MXes should be listed in internal_networks too.
see http://wiki.apache.org/spamassassin/TrustPath
Micro$oft random number generator: 0, 0, 0, 4.33e+67, 0, 0, 0...

FW: Whitelisting internal MX