Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com> on 2006/09/19 15:10:42 UTC

Re: [java]: broker fails due to duplicate channel ids on different sessions

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 12:43 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> Perhaps some session information should be passed into the AMQChannel
> constructor and this could be prepended to the channel id as the managed
> objects name? Or just use the object ref to create a unique name and
> have the channel id as a property?

I'd suggest a simple tree model. Anything that is only unique in the
scope of some parent object should have the parent's name prepended to
its own. That makes the names easy to generate but also easy to predict
for users.

Cheers,
Alan.

Re: [java]: broker fails due to duplicate channel ids on different sessions

Posted by bh...@jpmorgan.com.
Hi Gordon/Alan

Thanks for pointing this out and for your suggestions.
I have fixed the problem as of now by generating the unique name.  I am
working on making the name creation as a hierarchical name and it will
take some time before I commit those changes.

Regards,
Bhupendra

Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>
19/09/2006 14:10
Please respond to
qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org

qpid-dev@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Re: [java]: broker fails due to duplicate channel ids on different
sessions

On Tue, 2006-09-19 at 12:43 +0100, Gordon Sim wrote:
> Perhaps some session information should be passed into the AMQChannel
> constructor and this could be prepended to the channel id as the managed

> objects name? Or just use the object ref to create a unique name and
> have the channel id as a property?

I'd suggest a simple tree model. Anything that is only unique in the
scope of some parent object should have the parent's name prepended to
its own. That makes the names easy to generate but also easy to predict
for users.

Cheers,
Alan.

This communication is for informational purposes only. It is not intended as an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any financial instrument or as an official confirmation of any transaction. All market prices, data and other information are not warranted as to completeness or accuracy and are subject to change without notice. Any comments or statements made herein do not necessarily reflect those of JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates.

This transmission may contain information that is privileged, confidential, legally privileged, and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained herein (including any reliance thereon) is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Although this transmission and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by JPMorgan Chase & Co., its subsidiaries and affiliates, as applicable, for any loss or damage arising in any way from its use. If you received this transmission in error, please immediately contact the sender and destroy the material in its entirety, whether in electronic or hard copy format. Thank you.