Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by tom <he...@tomxpcvx.dev> on 2022/03/30 17:24:49 UTC

NullPointerException in plugin 'projectMgr' when listing TimeSheets

Hello folks,

I am writing to the mailing list for the first time, so I don't know if my request is right here.

I use OFBiz among other things for time tracking using TimeSheets and would like to report a bug.

Since version 22.01, but also on the trunk, there is a problem when listing timesheets using the form "ListFindTimeSheet" in https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-plugins/blob/trunk/projectmgr/widget/forms/TimeSheetForms.xml <https://github.com/apache/ofbiz-plugins/blob/trunk/projectmgr/widget/forms/TimeSheetForms.xml>.

When calling a screen that embeds this form, a NullPointerException is displayed in the table in the "set to complete" column if the row to be displayed is a TimeSheet that has already been completed.

If I completely stupidly replace "?complete:&quot;&quot;}" with "?complete:&quot;exists&quot;}" in row 134 and 148, the error disappears and a hyperlink button with the text "exists" appears. I suspect that there has been a change that causes the empty string "&quot;&quot;" to cause a NullPointerException at some point.

Kind regards,
Tom

Re: NullPointerException in plugin 'projectMgr' when listing TimeSheets

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Tom,

Your message has been moderated, else it would not have reached this Mailing List.

Please subscribe to the user ML for such questions and then use your email client.

You will get a better support, people can answer you on the ML.
The wider the audience the better the answers you might get.

Also it's more work for moderators who have to accept your messages as long as you have not subscribed.
I'll personally no longer accept them (other moderators still could).

This said it's actually a very old change:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1682118
Exactly:
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ofbiz/trunk/specialpurpose/projectmgr/widget/forms/TimeSheetForms.xml?r1=1682118&r2=1682117&pathrev=1682118
So no it was not an error put in with this change.

And you are completely right, replacing "empty" by "Exists" not only fixes the issue but redirect to the right location. The same change must be made
on line 88.

Could you please not only subscribe but create a Jira issue in order to pack all the thing correctly. Just follow:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+Contributors+Best+Practices#OFBizContributorsBestPractices-HowtocreateaJiraissue

TIA

Jacques