Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Vigo, Nestor" <Ne...@pearson.com> on 2006/06/27 19:38:32 UTC

Upgrading of SVN from 1.2 to 1.3.1

I am planning to upgrade SubVersion from 1.2 to 1.3.1 version.
Likewise, I am planning to upgrade the Tortoise SVN client, which we have
already installed, from 1.2.4 to 1.3.3.

Has anyone ever been through a situation like this or similar?
If so, can you provide me with some tips/comments to take into account when
performing these upgrades (ie. Do I need to migrate the WCs already built
using SVN 1.2 and TSVN 1.2.4 ? )

Any help on this topic will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Re: Upgrading of SVN from 1.2 to 1.3.1

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Jun 27, 2006, at 21:38, Vigo, Nestor wrote:

> I am planning to upgrade SubVersion from 1.2 to 1.3.1 version.
> Likewise, I am planning to upgrade the Tortoise SVN client, which
> we have
> already installed, from 1.2.4 to 1.3.3.
>
> Has anyone ever been through a situation like this or similar?
> If so, can you provide me with some tips/comments to take into
> account when
> performing these upgrades (ie. Do I need to migrate the WCs already
> built
> using SVN 1.2 and TSVN 1.2.4 ? )

If your repository is FSFS, there's nothing special to do. Just
install the new versions and go.

If your repository is BDB, you'll want to check if the new version of
Subversion comes with a new version of BDB. If it does, you'll need
to perform some special conversion steps. They're described in the
FAQ, or should be described in the included read me as well.

Regardless of repository type, it wouldn't hurt to do an "svnadmin
verify" on the repository before beginning the upgrade, and an
"svnadmin dump" of the entire repository to be safe, in case
something goes wrong.

Re: Upgrading of SVN from 1.2 to 1.3.1

Posted by Eric Hanchrow <of...@blarg.net>.
http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.3_releasenotes.html#compatibility
--
Unix ... is not so much a product as it is a painstakingly compiled
oral history of the hacker subculture.  It is our Gilgamesh epic.