Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "simon.kitching@chello.at" <si...@chello.at> on 2008/07/29 14:01:21 UTC

Re: Tomahawk 1.1.6 and myfaces-core-1.2.3 incompatible

chokdee schrieb:
> It doesnt work, I created a simple maven project with the artifact creater
> and add a tomahawk tag to a jsp.
> After that the following exception is thrown:
>
> Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Class cannot be cast to
> java.lang.String
> 	at
> org.apache.myfaces.util.AbstractAttributeMap.put(AbstractAttributeMap.java:35)
> 	at
> org.apache.myfaces.custom.inputHtml.InputHtmlRenderer.setThisPageAlreadyRenderedAnInputHtml(InputHtmlRenderer.java:107)
> 	at
> org.apache.myfaces.custom.inputHtml.InputHtmlRenderer.encodeEnd(InputHtmlRenderer.java:93)
>

> It seems the the getRequestMap now only accepts Strings.....
>
> Thanks
> Juergen
>

> simon.kitching@chello.at wrote:
>
>> chokdee schrieb:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I try to use the latest Tomahawk version 1.1.6 with the latest Core
>>> version
>>> 1.2.3.
>>> But it fails.
>>>
>>> Is there a documentation how to use the 1.2.3 with Tomahawk?
>>> I see at http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk/dependencies.html
>>> that the Tomahawk was build with a snapshot of 1.1.6. Is that right?
>>>

>> No, the website is generated regularly from the trunk, ie that
>> dependency info is for 1.1.7-SNAPSHOT. Tomahawk will have been built
>> against the latest released version of core 1.1.x at the time tomahawk
>> 1.1.6 was released.
>>
>> Tomahawk 1.1.6 should work fine with core 1.2.3. There is no special
>> documentation for this, because nothing special needs to be done; just
>> put the jarfile in the classpath. For some components you also need to
>> set up the ExtensionsFilter as documented on the website.
>>
>> What is the problem?
>>
>> Regards, Simon

This appears to be a tomahawk bug that has been fixed in the svn trunk,
but not yet included in a released version.

In Tomahawk 1.1.6, class InputHtmlRenderer has;
    static private void
setThisPageAlreadyRenderedAnInputHtml(FacesContext context){

context.getExternalContext().getRequestMap().put(InputHtmlRenderer.class,
Boolean.TRUE);
    }
which is using a Class object as a key.

In tomahawk 1.1.7-SNAPSHOT there is;
    static private void
setThisPageAlreadyRenderedAnInputHtml(FacesContext context){

context.getExternalContext().getRequestMap().put(InputHtmlRenderer.class.getName(),
Boolean.TRUE);
    }
which uses a string key.

I guess earlier versions of JSF implementations (including Sun's) didn't
care.

The javadoc for JSF1.2 is clear that the map keys *should* be strings:
http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/1.2/docs/api/javax/faces/context/ExternalContext.html#getRequestMap()

The docs for JSF1.1 are not at all clear though:
 http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/1.1_01/docs/api/javax/faces/context/ExternalContext.html#getRequestMap()

Anyway, if you want to use tomahawk + myfaces 1.2.3, I guess you'll need
to use a tomahawk snapshot for now. There is currently some effort going
into getting a new tomahawk release out. I would guess one will be
available within 4 weeks, but that *is* just a guess.

Regards,
Simon

Re: Tomahawk 1.1.6 and myfaces-core-1.2.3 incompatible

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 30, 2008 at 8:11 PM, chokdee <bo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Matthias
>
> thanks for the reply.
> Must have been blind.
>
> But anyway, which snapshot shall I use?
> And how can I be safe that this snapshot is working with the actual version
> of 1.2.3?

I don't know if the snapshot is fine with MyFaces 1.2.3

Greetings,
Matthias

Posted by chokdee <bo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthias