Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mandar Barve <ma...@sungard.com> on 2014/03/04 11:43:26 UTC

CLOUDSTACK-5583: vmopsSnapshot plug-in (XenServer) does not return an error when it should

Hi,
        I tried to reproduce the issue but couldn't get this to fail for
insufficient space. I then injected an exception trying to list files from
a non existent path (added this code in the "try" block). This landed me
into the exception handling code. It raised correct exception saying "file
not found" which was captured in the management server vmops log file. It
was not displayed by the GUI. GUI just reported Error (Are we looking for
GUI displaying error code?). The plugin code returns "0" immediately after
the line of code that raises exception but I think this applies only for
successful execution of the plugin code that reverts the snapshot.

       If any exception is raised (e.g. in the reported case here
insufficient space) then the code should return appropriate error message
to the caller as I found. In exception handling path return "0" wouldn't
execute.

I don't see any problem here. Let me know if I am missing anything.

Thanks,
Mandar

Re: CLOUDSTACK-5583: vmopsSnapshot plug-in (XenServer) does not return an error when it should

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Awesome - thanks!

Posted by Krunal Jain <kr...@sungard.com>.
Hello,

[...]