Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2008/10/22 09:52:17 UTC

[VOTE][RESULT] Accept Pig graduation as a Hadoop subproject

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 8:44 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<bd...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...The Pig [1] and Hadoop [2] communities have voted to graduate Pig as a
> Hadoop subproject.
>
> According to [3| the Incubator PMC needs to accept this graduation.
>
> Please cast your votes - as the weekend is starting, I'll tally the
> vote open until Wednesday October 22n morning UTC....

The vote passes with +1s from the following 9 incubator PMC members,
and no other votes:

Yoav Shapira (mentor)
Upayavira
Doug Cutting (mentor)
Craig L Russell
Paul Fremantle
Jukka Zitting
Martijn Dashorst
Matt Hogstrom
Bertrand Delacretaz (mentor)

Thanks everybody, and congratulations to the Pig team!

I will update the incubator website info accordingly, in the next few days.

-Bertrand

RE: [VOTE][RESULT] Accept Pig graduation as a Hadoop subproject

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
Thanks Bertrand for helping us through the incubation process!

Also, thanks to all our mentors for the help!

This has been an interesting and educational journey for us :).

I will start working of transitioning our stuff over to Hadoop.

Olga

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.