Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Anton Schoultz <AS...@RUBICO.COM> on 2002/05/08 14:22:45 UTC

Content store deleted after Domain.xml change

Hi,

I've been 'playing' with SLIDE and have noticed that
if I change parameters in the Domain.xml file such as
the  <auto-version-control> element, the content
store on disk is erased including the files sub-dir.
change from false to true deletes the dir, as does
changing from true back to false. Is this behavior
correct? (dropping everything from the content store)

      <!-- DeltaV configuration -->
      <historypath>/history</historypath>
      <workspacepath>/workspace</workspacepath>
      <workingresourcepath>/workingresource</workingresourcepath>
      <auto-version>checkout-checkin</auto-version>
      <auto-version-control>false</auto-version-control><!-- false -->
      <checkout-fork>forbidden</checkout-fork>
      <checkin-fork>forbidden</checkin-fork>

Anton Schoultz

Rubico (Pty) Ltd
Cell Phone:  +27 83 651 7191
Tel:  +27 (11) 808 1000
Fax:  +27 (11) 808 1101
aschoultz@Rubico.com
www.Rubico.com

The Business Component Company

using jsp's / Domain access / too many open files

Posted by Jan Wrang <ja...@cinatit.com>.
Hi,

I have several JSP pages which access my slide domain
together with the webdav servlet.

I not sure if the JSP's are accessing the domain correctly because
I have the following problem.
The system works as intended, both the webDAV access and
my web interface which is build through JSP's. But
if I look at the number of open files on my Linux server,
it says
[root@gw01 conf]# more /proc/sys/fs/file-nr
3474    196     8192

The first number, which is the peek number in open filehandles,
increases EVERY time I upload a file through the webDAV interface.
At some point, it reaches the max-limit and the server crashes ......

This problem doesn't arise if my jsp's isn't placed in the webapps
directory,
so the problem must be related to my own jsp pages somehow.

My own theory is that the problem is related to how the JSP's connect and
disconnect
from the Domain.

If somebody has a webapplication where a JSP page access the slide Domain
while there is also access through
the webdav interface, some sample code would be great !

Otherwise if anybody has experienced similar problems,
any help would be great.

Best regards,

Jan