Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Paul Leclerc <pl...@gmail.com> on 2004/12/23 01:17:31 UTC

How does Thread Group scheduler *really* work?

After this recent spate of emails about the thread group scheduler, I
decided to try it yet again.

I'm using Jmeter 2.0.2 (not from CVS), java 1.4.2_04 on Windows Server 2003.

I have one (1) thread group.
I leave Loop Count: forever *unchecked* though it doesn't seem to matter.
I check Scheduler.
Start Time, I put ANY time/date in the future (minutes, hours, days
from now), doesn't matter
End Time, I put ANY time/date later than the start time
Duration: I put 7200 (I want it to run for 2 hours)
Startup Delay: 1 (based on previous emails)

I then select Run->Start and it starts the test immediately and starts
hitting the URLs in the test plan.  The startup time is ignored.  I
tried just letting it sit there w/o hitting Run->Start thinking that
the scheduler will start it.  That doesn't work.

Am I doing this correctly?  I looked at the User Manual but the
section on the scheduler was pretty slim ;-)

I'd be willing to grab a newer version from CVS if I knew the correct
CVS tag containing the fixes Sebb mentioned a few days ago.  The
nightly builds seem to be very old.

I really need to be able to schedule some longer running tests but
have never been able to get this to work.  Any clues?

Paul Leclerc