Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Serge Knystautas <sk...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/05 05:22:18 UTC

Fwd: [email] MBoxMimeMessage

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>
Date: Dec 4, 2005 1:28 PM
Subject: [email] MBoxMimeMessage
To: sknystautas@gmail.com

I'd like to add the work in www.osjava.org's gj-mail to [email] if I may.

It's a small package with two classes that do the following things:

1) Mailer class for easy emailing.
2) Template style emailing; ${foo} etc.
3) MBoxMimeMessage

Now, 1) should be unnecessary, I assume [email] already does this. 2)
is unwanted, user's should use velocity or some other template engine.
3) is the bit I'd like to add.

It allows messages that look liks SMTP, or mbox emails, rather than
just containing the message. So the From:, To:, Subject: etc etc are
all in there. This makes for a much nicer time if someone is using a
template style system for emailing as the person modifying the
template can handle these issues instead of asking the coder.

Attachments are buggy, so I'd commit time to fixing these if the
MBoxMimeMessage looks attractive to the community. I'd
javadoc/unit-test obviously and would be able to kill gj-mail in
favour of [email].

Any interest?

Source can be seen at:

http://www.osjava.org/genjava/multiproject/gj-mail/xref/index.html