Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Stéphane MOR <st...@yahoo.fr> on 2002/05/06 21:45:10 UTC

Hourrah !!!! DVSL : french characters (éàçèêë) are supported !

Yipee Yipee Yipee !!!!

I hope someone told me "Read The Fucking Manual" before !

In fact I did a "grep -r encoding *" - still better than actually
reading  ;-)  -
in the dir where I checked out Velocity-DVSL from CVS, and saw an output
like that :

"docs/ant_task_reference.html:       outputencoding"

So I read the page, and all was described there.

I tried it, and Abracadabra, it worked !!!

Thanks all for trying and help me, this was really frustrating me.
Stéphane

PS : maybe the jakarta velocity site would need a little update , huh?  ;-)

Re: Re: Hourrah !!!! DVSL : french characters ( éàçèêë) are supported !

Posted by Stéphane MOR <st...@yahoo.fr>.

>You can add Swedish (åäöÅÄÖ) to the ISO-8859-1 list.
>
>Regards,

That's conforting !
It sounds like a lot of european languages use ISO-8859-1 ...

Posted by David Kinnvall <da...@alertir.com>.

Posted by Stéphane MOR <st...@yahoo.fr>.

Posted by Christoph Reck <Ch...@dlr.de>.
Stéphane MOR wrote:

> >You can add Swedish (åäöÅÄÖ) to the ISO-8859-1 list.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> That's conforting !
> It sounds like a lot of european languages use ISO-8859-1 ...
>

> >David

See the ISO 8859-1 (ISO Latin 1) character set at:
    http://www.ep.cs.nott.ac.uk/misc/isolatin1.html

I read somewhere about the update to ISO8859-15, which now
includes the EURO symbol. see also:
   http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/euro/article.html
   http://www.kostis.net/charsets/iso8859.15.htm (and others)

--
:) Christoph Reck

Re: Hourrah !!!! DVSL : french characters ( éàçèêë) are supported !

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@adeptra.com>.
On 5/6/02 3:45 PM, "Stéphane MOR" <st...@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> Yipee Yipee Yipee !!!!
>
> I hope someone told me "Read The Fucking Manual" before !
>
> In fact I did a "grep -r encoding *" - still better than actually
> reading  ;-)  -
> in the dir where I checked out Velocity-DVSL from CVS, and saw an output
> like that :
>
> "docs/ant_task_reference.html:       outputencoding"
>
> So I read the page, and all was described there.
>
> I tried it, and Abracadabra, it worked !!!
>
> Thanks all for trying and help me, this was really frustrating me.
> Stéphane
>
> PS : maybe the jakarta velocity site would need a little update , huh?  ;-)

Here's what I don't understand.

1) I thought I was reading it on the site last night. Updated.

2) On my box, I didn't need to specify outputencoding, as the default is
ISO-8859-1

I don't understand how this fixed it, but I am happy it works.  I won't be
sending you a tarball :)

--
Geir Magnusson Jr.
Research & Development, Adeptra Inc.