Posted to users@ws.apache.org by ar...@cornell.edu on 2002/04/08 14:24:14 UTC

re: interceptors patch

The patch should cleanly apply to 1.1.  And of course, I forgot the whole
domain, it's: http://aeolus.cit.cornell.edu/xmlrpc/xmlrpc.html

patch:
http://aeolus.cit.cornell.edu/xmlrpc/interceptors-introspection.patch

Aaron

----------

Date: Tue, 2 Apr 2002 15:43:49 +0200
From: matjaz.ostroversnik@zrs-tk.si
To: rpc-user@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sessions

    [The following text is in the "iso-8859-1" character set]

Hi Aron

Could you update the patch to version xmlrpc-1.1 (from Apache).
The patch you provided mostly fails.

Re: interceptors patch

Posted by ma...@zrs-tk.si.
I was able to find the patch, but I was unable to patch it.
Some chunks went smooth while at least 20 in different files
(mostly WebServer and XmlRpcServer) didn't.

I tried to do the remains (rje files) manually but at the end of the
process the code didn't compile since some classes was missing.

Are you sure we are talking about the same package (apache xml-rpc)?
I think your patch expects if clausses in form
if <cond> <something>
while code has
if <cond>
{
 <something>
}
but that is an easy part. Most of other are more troublesome.

Could you spend just a one minute more on this problem?
Please download fresh copy of apache xml-rpc and try to apply
the patch on it. I am nearly 100% sure that something is wrong
(eather my procedure or your patch).

Thanks in advance

Matjaz