Posted to users@maven.apache.org by kroe <ke...@surveysampling.com> on 2007/11/19 23:58:12 UTC

Maven2 - deploy archive to server?

Our applications are deployed to internal servers - either to JBoss as a web
application or to a directory on a specified server for exection by a
scheduling system.  We have development, staging, and production
environments that we need the ability to deploy to consistenly and easily.

Maven's usage of the word "deploy" clashes with how I have always thought of
"deploy".  Maven's deploy plug-in outputs to an artifact repository.  Is
this the end of the line for the maven life cycle, or is there a plug-in
that allows you to transfer the artifact to a development, staging, or
production server based on the profile set?  If this is not supported by
Maven, how are the rest of you distributing your artifacts for execution?

Thanks,
-Ken

RE: Maven2 - deploy archive to server?

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
You can use the dependency:copy or unpack to get your file out of the
repo and drop it or unpack it...much simpler than using ant.

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Have a look at the Cargo Maven2 plugin:
   http://cargo.codehaus.org/Maven2+plugin

--