Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by Tero Paananen <te...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/25 22:57:17 UTC

Built-in support date hierarchies?

My understanding is that currently in order me to create date
hierachies (e.g. year -> quarter -> month -> day, etc.) I would have
to create a Hive table that contains the columns required to create
such hierarchies and join that table to your date dimension attribute.

This is something that almost everyone using a tool like Kylin would
probably want to do. So why not have that supported out of the box?

Or is the preferred way to do this sort of thing at the query level:

select year(dt), quarter(dt), count(*) from lookup_tbl group by
year(dt), quarter(dt)

-TPP