Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Jorge Luiz Correa <jo...@embrapa.br.INVALID> on 2022/06/08 20:30:33 UTC

How to configure link domaintoldap to define admin and user roles?

Hi all!

In documentation I can see:

cloudmonkey link domaintoldap domainid=12345678-90ab-cdef-fedc-ba0987654321\
                              accounttype=2\

ldapdomain="ou=people,dc=cloudstack,dc=apache,dc=org"\
                              type=OU

So, for each member of ou=people,dc=cloudstack,dc=apache,dc=org I'll have
one account with domain admin role (accounttype=2).

How to do the same configuration for both user and admin roles? For example:

To define admins:
cloudmonkey link domaintoldap domainid=12345678-90ab-cdef-fedc-ba0987654321\
                              accounttype=2\

ldapdomain="ou=admins,dc=cloudstack,dc=apache,dc=org"\
                              type=OU

To define users:
cloudmonkey link domaintoldap domainid=12345678-90ab-cdef-fedc-ba0987654321\
                              accounttype=0\

ldapdomain="ou=users,dc=cloudstack,dc=apache,dc=org"\
                              type=OU

When I tried to do that the second command failed with:

Error: (HTTP 530, error code 9999) Entity already exists

As I couldn't configure in that way, I tried just one command with
accounttype=0 and passing the parameter admin=

cloudmonkey link domaintoldap domainid=12345678-90ab-cdef-fedc-ba0987654321\
                              accounttype=0\

ldapdomain="ou=users,dc=cloudstack,dc=apache,dc=org"\
                              type=OU\
                              admin=adminuser

So, all members of LDAP group can be a normal user and adminuser will be
the domain admin.

But, if I need to have more than one domain admin, how can I configure?

I've tried put two admin= parameters but just the first is used.

Thank you!

--
__________________________
Aviso de confidencialidade

Esta mensagem da
Empresa  Brasileira de Pesquisa  Agropecuaria (Embrapa), empresa publica
federal  regida pelo disposto  na Lei Federal no. 5.851,  de 7 de dezembro
de 1972,  e  enviada exclusivamente  a seu destinatario e pode conter
informacoes  confidenciais, protegidas  por sigilo profissional.  Sua
utilizacao desautorizada  e ilegal e  sujeita o infrator as penas da lei.
Se voce  a recebeu indevidamente, queira, por gentileza, reenvia-la ao
emitente, esclarecendo o equivoco.

Confidentiality note

This message from
Empresa  Brasileira de Pesquisa  Agropecuaria (Embrapa), a government
company  established under  Brazilian law (5.851/72), is directed
exclusively to  its addressee  and may contain confidential data,
protected under  professional secrecy  rules. Its unauthorized  use is
illegal and  may subject the transgressor to the law's penalties. If you
are not the addressee, please send it back, elucidating the failure.

Re: How to configure link domaintoldap to define admin and user roles?

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
Jorge, the linkDomaintoLdap feature is not that fine grained. Youĺl want to
look at LinkAccountToLdap for what you seek.

Daan