Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by rohit sarewar <ro...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/21 19:54:20 UTC

How does Kerberos work with Hadoop ?

I am looking for an explanation of Kerberos working with Hadoop cluster .
I need to know how KDC is used by hdfs and mapred.

(Something like this :- An example of kerberos with mail server ,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD2Q-2ToloE)

Please help!

Re: How does Kerberos work with Hadoop ?

Posted by rohit sarewar <ro...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Vinod for the wonderful pdf.
It explains how the security can be achieved via Kerberos.
Any other way to implement security in hadoop (without using kerberos)?

Posted by rohit sarewar <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rohit sarewar <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by rohit sarewar <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <vi...@hortonworks.com>.