Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au> on 2007/01/10 05:01:53 UTC

New site ready

Hi everyone.

The new site is ready for uploading, I believe.  I didn’t re-colour the
diagrams in the end, it didn’t seem worth the effort.  One day also
someone should regenerate the screenshot images, since they look a bit
old, but they can be left for now.

Here’s what it currently looks like:

  http://arc.mcc.id.au/batik-nightly/site/

(and since that’s not on the Apache servers, if you want to view the
Download page you can manually go to download.html).

If there are no objections, I’ll upload it tomorrow.  I’ll make sure a
.htaccess file is in place so that URLs pointing to old site pages get
redirected appropriately.

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/

Re: New site ready

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
Looks great, Cameron!

I ran it through the validator.w3.org's checklink, and it only came up
with a couple of *very* minor issues, which you can see here:

http://tinyurl.com/yxmvn7

(IOW, don't worry about them, and don't even bother following that
link... its only complaint is that the wiki page re-directs to
/Main_Page... ;-)

In fact, this link checker showed *no* errors!

http://www.siteowner.com/badlinks.cfm

Great work! Let me know if you need help with Forrestbot. It's been a
while, but I should be able to help a bit.

:-D

On 1/9/07, Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au> wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> The new site is ready for uploading, I believe.  I didn't re-colour the
> diagrams in the end, it didn't seem worth the effort.  One day also
> someone should regenerate the screenshot images, since they look a bit
> old, but they can be left for now.
>
> Here's what it currently looks like:
>
>   http://arc.mcc.id.au/batik-nightly/site/
>
> (and since that's not on the Apache servers, if you want to view the
> Download page you can manually go to download.html).
>
> If there are no objections, I'll upload it tomorrow.  I'll make sure a
> .htaccess file is in place so that URLs pointing to old site pages get
> redirected appropriately.
>
> Cameron
>
> --
> Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/
>         xmpp:heycam@jabber.org  ▪  ICQ 26955922  ▪  MSN cam@mcc.id.au

The Web Maestro
--
<th...@gmail.com> - <http://homepage.mac.com/webmaestro/>
- HH The 14th Dalai Lama of Tibet

Re: New site ready

Posted by The Web Maestro <th...@gmail.com>.
On 1/11/07, Hervé Girod <he...@club-internet.fr> wrote:
> There's a lot of work in this new site !!! I like the new Look & Feel.
> The links I have tried seems to be OK too, nut of course I am far from
> having tried all !!
>
> Hervé

Thanks for the feedback, Herve!

Most things work well. The download.cgi scripts works fine for me!

I did notice the Apache License page looks funky (the text of the
license overflows the gray box on Firefox for Mac--it's fine in Safari
;-)[1].

I did notice that the Demo page[2] crashes my browser (Firefox for
Mac... I'll look into it further...).

And the FAQs page[3] doesn't generate the Table of Contents, which was
a problem I recall we had with FOP as well--for a while I created the
FOP FAQ page by hand (which is no small feat with almost 100 items in
the ToC!), and add hand-fix the FAQ page every time we re-generated
the site. I forget how, but one of us seems to have fixed the
problem[4].

[1]
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/license.html
[2]
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/demo.html
[3]
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/faq.html
[4]
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/faq.html

The Web Maestro

Re: New site ready

Posted by Hervé Girod <he...@club-internet.fr>.

Re: New site ready

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Cameron McCormack:

Re: New site ready

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Cameron McCormack:

Re: New site ready

Posted by Dieter von Holten <in...@dvholten.de>.
Hi cameron,

new site looks good - but there seem to be some dead links in the 'test
infrastructure'.
i'll be offline until end of next week
greetings
dieter

Re: New site ready

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Looks great! Very nice work!

On 10.01.2007 05:01:53 Cameron McCormack wrote:
> Hi everyone.
>
> The new site is ready for uploading, I believe.  I didn’t re-colour the
> diagrams in the end, it didn’t seem worth the effort.  One day also
> someone should regenerate the screenshot images, since they look a bit
> old, but they can be left for now.
>
> Here’s what it currently looks like:
>
>   http://arc.mcc.id.au/batik-nightly/site/
>
> (and since that’s not on the Apache servers, if you want to view the
> Download page you can manually go to download.html).
>
> If there are no objections, I’ll upload it tomorrow.  I’ll make sure a
> .htaccess file is in place so that URLs pointing to old site pages get
> redirected appropriately.
>
> Cameron

Jeremias Maerki