Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org> on 2003/02/12 09:00:56 UTC

XForms - and persistance layer - Xindice or other cleverness

Is there a well known receipe to generate the JavaBeans which XForms needs
to hold the data for each form ? Or a generic mapper whcih given the xform
data lets me store such directly in Xindice or, through somethign like an
automated SQL mapping, elsewhere ?

What I am looking for is a data definition driven
	- form
	- validation
	- storage construction. Where a change in the data definition,
followed if needed by a purge of the database and a
restructure/rebuild/remake, will drive the (html) forms, table/storage
structs and validation. A recompile of generated java code is fine too.

Data defintion is obviously not to be interpreted too narrow; i.e. it may
have companion definitions for UI or storage hints,

Thanks for your collective wisdom !

Dw

Re: XForms - and persistance layer - Xindice or other cleverness

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On Wednesday, February 12, 2003, at 08:00 AM, Dirk-Willem van Gulik
wrote:

> Is there a well known receipe to generate the JavaBeans which XForms
> needs
> to hold the data for each form ? Or a generic mapper whcih given the
> xform
> data lets me store such directly in Xindice or, through somethign like
> an
> automated SQL mapping, elsewhere ?
>
> What I am looking for is a data definition driven
> 	- form
> 	- validation
> 	- storage construction. Where a change in the data definition,
> followed if needed by a purge of the database and a
> restructure/rebuild/remake, will drive the (html) forms, table/storage
> structs and validation. A recompile of generated java code is fine too.
>
> Data defintion is obviously not to be interpreted too narrow; i.e. it
> may
> have companion definitions for UI or storage hints,
>
> Thanks for your collective wisdom !

There was a flowscript posted on Cocoon Dev, handling XForm <-> Bean
<-> RDBMS using Hibernate.

<http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xml-cocoon-dev&m=104428284732105&w=2>

I am trying to get my head around it ;)

regards Jeremy