Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Glauber Andrade <gl...@maximasti.com.br> on 2004/02/20 14:19:58 UTC

Res: Re: Out of memory error (3)

It has 1051 registers.

-------Mensagem original-------

De: OJB Users List
Data: 02/20/04 04:15:22
Para: OJB Users List
Assunto: Re: Out of memory error

Hi,

Glauber Andrade wrote:
> My system doesn't work anymore. I got this error when I try to get the
> object Prestador (+- 600 registers).
> What should I do ?

Without knowing more about your system this is hard to answer.
If there are no problems with your repository.xml it could be that you
simply should start your server with more heap memory.

But if there are problems in the mapping, this won't help.
So you should start by checking your repository.

what can be problematic? Loading 1 root object with 600 dependend
objects shoul not be a problem (we are loading 10000 objects and more in
our testcases).
But if the registers objects have references to objects, and those
objects to yet another layer of objects, you are in trouble as OJB must
load a very large Object graph in one go.

The solution can be to set proxy="true" for those reference- and
collection-descriptors. In that way you avoid loading in one go and
defer the loading of dependend objects.

Thomas

Re: Out of memory error (3)

Posted by Thomas Mahler <th...@web.de>.
Hi Edson,

I'd like to integrate your RemovalAwareArrayList!
Please post it to my email address.

Thomas

Re: Re: Out of memory error (3)