Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sankar B <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/07 09:31:07 UTC

Memory Consumed by NT Service does not come down if Tomcat 4.1.9 is run as a Service in W2K

Dear All,

Im new to this list. Ive not subscribed anywhere. I
dont know whether Ill get reply if i mail to this id
tomcat-user-owner@jakarta.apache.org. I got this id in
JGuru Forum. Please help me out.

The details given by tomcat in its manager application
are as follows:

Apache Tomcat/4.1.9 JVM Version: 1.3.1_02-b02 - Sun
Microsystems Inc.
Windows 2000
5.0
x86

As it said, I run Win 2K with Tomcat 4.1.9 Beta
installed using the EXE and Ive installed the NT
Service also.

Here my problem is, If I run my Tomcat using the NT
Service, it consumes nearly 20,000K Memory immediatly.
If I start my Web Application, it start consuming
40,000K and after few minutes it goes upto 60,000K.
EVen If i comeout of my application and does not use
TOmcat also, the memory is still at 60-70,000K and
does not come down. But, If I start Tomcat using the
Startup.bat file, instead of NT Service, if i do the
same process, the memory comes down, if im not using
any application.

So, the problem is with this JavaService.exe which is
an opensource which is used to make tomcat to run as a
service. How to solve this. Please help me out.

Yours,
Sankar.B

Re: Memory Consumed by NT Service does not come down if Tomcat 4.1.9 is run as a Service in W2K

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Good.... Don't include the mailing list -iowner, and if you're not
subscribed, NO, you won't get a reply.

	Pier