Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2020/03/04 17:58:13 UTC

Pending JDK11 changes to CI

Heya,

I want to send a head's up for those not following along the efforts toward
2.3.x and the thread "[DISCUSS] Drop support for code contribution via Jira
attached patch". The summary is outlined at the end of that thread, but to
copy over here.

>  I'm going to disable the Jira PreCommit job (rename it, so that
PreCommit-Admin no longer find it), and merge the JDK11 branches.

From the release notes on HBASE-23767,

> Rebuild our Dockerfile with support for multiple JDK versions. Use
> multiple stages in the Jenkinsfile instead of yetus's multijdk because
> of YETUS-953. Run those multiple stages in parallel to speed up
> results.
>
> Note that multiple stages means multiple Yetus invocations means
> multiple comments on the PreCommit. This should become more obvious to
> users once we can make use of GitHub Checks API, HBASE-23902.

These changes will be applied to master and branch-2. As far as I can tell,
they should not impact any other release branches. However, if I've missed
something, and you notice some issue, please speak up.

Thanks,
Nick

Re: Pending JDK11 changes to CI

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
HBASE-23876 and HBASE-23767 are pushed to master and branch-2. I'll be
keeping an eye on things over the coming days. Thanks for you patience as
we work through these enhancements.

-n