Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/19 08:08:43 UTC

number of map and reduce task does not change in M/R program

Hi all.. I have a question.. I have a mapreduce program that get input from
cassandra. my input is a little big, about 100000000 data. my problem is
that my program takes too long to process, but I think mapreduce is good
and fast for large volume of data. so I think maybe I have problems in
number of map and reduce tasks.. I set the number of map and reduce asks
with JobConf, with Job, and also in conf/mapred-site.xml, but I don't see
any changes.. in my logs at first there is map 0% reduce 0% and after about
2 hours working it shows map 1% reduce 0%..!! what should I do? please Help
me I really get confused...

Re: number of map and reduce task does not change in M/R program

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for the reply..

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for the reply..

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for the reply..

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for the reply..

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
Anseh,

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
Anseh,

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
Anseh,

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
Anseh,

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.
Try profiling the job (

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.
Try profiling the job (

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.
Try profiling the job (

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.
Try profiling the job (

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Anseh Danesh <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hi anesh,

It doesn't depend on the number of map tasks and since your reducer doesn't
start yet it doesn't depend on that as well. Maybe check the counters of
your jobs, is the number of map input records going up, if not then you're
stuck somewhere otherwise you might have a really big dataset :).. If you
want to provide more details, you can also put it on stackoverflow, it is
easier to look at your code then.

Regards, irW

Posted by Amr Shahin <am...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dieter De Witte <dr...@gmail.com>.