Posted to dev@tajo.apache.org by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> on 2014/09/16 17:00:10 UTC

0.9.0 release

Hi folks,

Above all, I greatly apologize the miss of 0.8.1 release. For release,
I had to spend not few time on refineing incomplete features and
arranging some configs. I didn't do it. I'm sorry for that again.

Besides, we have continued to contribute lots of codes and made Tajo
much more stability. Especially, for several months, some guys have
made much effort to deploy Tajo in some companies as production. I'm
very happy and proud about that. Soon, we can officially post very
interesting news in Apache blog.

As a result, I think that now is the right time to discuss 0.9.0
release. How about your think? Currently, even though 50 issues are
still scheduled to 0.9.0 in Jira, I think that most of them can be
rescheduled to next version. There are only few critical issues which
must be resolved in 0.9.0.

If you are all agree with my suggestion, I'd like to reschedule
trivial issues in 0.9.0. I'd like to start work for 0.9.0 release.

Please feel free to suggest your idea.

Best regards,
Hyunsik

Re: 0.9.0 release

Posted by Jaehwa Jung <bl...@apache.org>.
+1

I also think that this is the moment for releasing 0.9.0.
Go ahead with your plan. :)

Cheers
Jaehwa

Re: 0.9.0 release

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Hi guys,

To make maven jars and binary tarball, I've used release plugin.
During unit tests, I found some unit test failure, and I just created
the jira issue for it.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAJO-1111

But, even though I tried to reproduce it many times, I couldn't again.
I think that this bug seems to be trivial. It may be a kind of
concurrency bug. Nevertheless, we have to fix it before releasing.

I'll dig into this problem. I'll continue to prepare the release
candidate after I fix this bug.

Best regards,
Hyunsik

Re: 0.9.0 release

Posted by Azuryy Yu <az...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Hyunsik.

Re: 0.9.0 release

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

Re: 0.9.0 release

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.

Re: 0.9.0 release

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.

Re: 0.9.0 release

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.

Re: 0.9.0 release

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.
Hi folks,

Re: 0.9.0 release

Posted by Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org>.

Re: 0.9.0 release

Posted by Jihoon Son <ji...@apache.org>.
Hi guys,

Re: 0.9.0 release

Posted by Thanh Mai <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

I hope that the release 0.9.0 will come with more detailed and complete
documents, especially about what Tajo can do. It will also be nice if there
will be a performance comparison between Tajo and related projects.

Sincerely,
Thanh

On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 10:27 PM, <em...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I glanced the change note.
>

> It looks sufficient to get +1.
>

> Thanks.
>
> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 12:00 AM, Hyunsik Choi <hy...@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > Hi folks,
> > Above all, I greatly apologize the miss of 0.8.1 release. For release,
> > I had to spend not few time on refineing incomplete features and
> > arranging some configs. I didn't do it. I'm sorry for that again.
> > Besides, we have continued to contribute lots of codes and made Tajo
> > much more stability. Especially, for several months, some guys have
> > made much effort to deploy Tajo in some companies as production. I'm
> > very happy and proud about that. Soon, we can officially post very
> > interesting news in Apache blog.
> > As a result, I think that now is the right time to discuss 0.9.0
> > release. How about your think? Currently, even though 50 issues are
> > still scheduled to 0.9.0 in Jira, I think that most of them can be
> > rescheduled to next version. There are only few critical issues which
> > must be resolved in 0.9.0.
> > If you are all agree with my suggestion, I'd like to reschedule
> > trivial issues in 0.9.0. I'd like to start work for 0.9.0 release.
> > Please feel free to suggest your idea.
> > Best regards,
> > Hyunsik

Re: 0.9.0 release