Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Eric Yang <ey...@apache.org> on 2013/09/20 19:52:03 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Chukwa graduation

The Apache Chukwa project entered incubator in July of 2010. Since then
it has grown the community in users, committers and PPMC members,
made significant improvements to the project codebase and completed
many releases following ASF policies and guidelines.

The Apache Chukwa community has voted to proceed with graduation [1]
and the result can be found at [2]. Discussion about the proposed
resolution
is also available at [3].

Please cast your votes:

[  ] +1 Graduate Chukwa podling from Incubator
[  ] +0 Indifferent to graduation status of Chukwa
[  ] -1 Reject graduation of Chukwa podling from Incubator because ...

Please find the proposed board resolution below.

[1] http://s.apache.org/chukwa-graduation-vote
[2] http://s.apache.org/chukwa-graduation-result
[3] http://s.apache.org/chukwa-graduation-Resolution

Resolution:

X.Establish the Apache Chukwa Project

      interests of the Foundation and consistent with the Foundation's
      purpose to establish a Project Management Committee charged with
      the creation and maintenance of open-source software, for distribution
      at no charge to the public, related to data streaming and
      visualization for Hadoop services.

      Committee (PMC), to be known as the "Apache Chukwa Project",
      Foundation; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the Apache Chukwa Project be and hereby is
      responsible for the creation and maintenance of a software
      project related to data streaming, monitoring and visualization
      for Hadoop services; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the office of "Vice President, Apache Chukwa" be and
      hereby is created, the person holding such office to serve at the
      direction of the Board of Directors as the chair of the Apache
      Chukwa Project, and to have primary responsibility for
      management of the projects within the scope of responsibility of
      the Apache Chukwa Project; and be it further

      Apache Chukwa Project:

        * Ahmed Fathalla (afathalla)
        * Alan D. Cabrera (adc)
        * Ant Elder (antelder)
        * Ariel Rabkin (asrabkin)
        * Bill Graham (billgraham)
        * Eric Yang (eyang)
        * Grace Huang (grace.huang)
        * Ivy Tang (ivytang)
        * Jerome Boulon (jboulon)
        * Jiaqi Tan (tanjiaqi)
        * Shreyas Subramanya (shreyas)
        * Sourygna Luangsay (sluangsay)

      NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED, that Eric Yang,
      be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Chukwa,
      to serve in accordance with and subject to
      the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
      Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
      disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
      further

      RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Chukwa Project PMC be hereby is
      tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
      encourage open development and increased participation in the
      Apache Chukwa Project; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Chukwa Project be and hereby
      Incubator Chukwa podling; and be it further

      RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
      Incubator Chukwa podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator
      PMC are hereafter discharged.

Regards
Eric

Re: [VOTE] Apache Chukwa graduation

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

  [x] +1 Graduate Chukwa podling from Incubator

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: [VOTE] Apache Chukwa graduation

Posted by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

[also on general@]

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
Eric,

we discussed a little on trademarks and it has been said it is
recommended to wait for the name search issue to resolve, but not
necessary required. The PMC needs to decide themselves to take the risk.
If there is an infringement reported to trademarks, it may result in
renaming. As concerned on the ASF trademarks, I think everybody should
complete the process.

However as an IPMC member I do not see much problems with this name.
Therefore I withdraw my -1 and give it a +1.

Good luck!

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by "Huang, Jie" <ji...@intel.com>.
+1

Thank you && Best Regards,
Grace (Huang Jie)

Posted by "Huang, Jie" <ji...@intel.com>.
+1

Thank you && Best Regards,
Grace (Huang Jie)

Posted by Christian Grobmeier <gr...@gmail.com>.
-1 (binding)

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

   ...ant

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 10:52 AM, Eric Yang <ey...@apache.org> wrote:

> [...]
>       be appointed to the office of Vice President, Apache Chukwa,
>       to serve in accordance with and subject to
>       the direction of the Board of Directors and the Bylaws of the
>       Foundation until death, resignation, retirement, removal or
>       disqualification, or until a successor is appointed; and be it
>       further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Chukwa Project PMC be hereby is
>       tasked with the creation of a set of bylaws intended to
>       encourage open development and increased participation in the
>       Apache Chukwa Project; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that the initial Apache Chukwa Project be and hereby
>       is tasked with the migration and rationalization of the Apache
>       Incubator Chukwa podling; and be it further
>
>       RESOLVED, that all responsibility pertaining to the Apache
>       Incubator Chukwa podling encumbered upon the Apache Incubator

Reiterating my dev list vote

+1.

--
Luciano Resende