Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by bd...@aub.nl on 2005/08/13 17:56:43 UTC

NullPointerException when DateTime = nil

Hello,

I am exposing a service (document/literal - Axis 1.2.1) which receives an
object with two datetime fields. I have pasted part of that function
below.
PHP's PEAR::SOAP (with some adjustments to allow for doc/lit) is used to
invoke this service.

The relevant part which goes over the wire is this:

<ns4:in0 xsi:type="ns4:EventListRequest">
<cidn xsi:nil="true"/>
<location xsi:nil="true"/>
<production xsi:nil="true"/>
<startDate xsi:nil="true"/>
<endDate xsi:nil="true"/></ns4:in0>

This invocation creates a NullPointerException:

        at nl.aub.ticketservice.Service.eventList(Unknown Source)

But the function itself does not log anything and does not seem to get
invoked at all. Which I fail to understand. Can someone shine any light on
this?

Kind Regards,

B. de Bruin

======== FUNCTION ==========

public EventListResponse[] eventList(EventListRequest eventListRequest)
			throws TicketServiceException {

log.debug("reached eventList");

			// Filter based on input
			if (eventListRequest.getCidn() != null &&
!"".equals(eventListRequest.getCidn()))
				events.add(Expression.eq("cidn", eventListRequest.getCidn()));

Re: NullPointerException when DateTime = nil

Posted by bd...@aub.nl.
Please disregard. I made a basic mistake :-(

regards

Bolke