Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@newton.ch.collab.net> on 2001/02/22 23:53:22 UTC

Re: CVS update: subversion/subversion/libsvn_fs node-rev.h

jimb@tigris.org writes:

>   +   This function checks that SKEL is a well-formed NODE-REVISION skel.
>   +
>    svn_error_t *svn_fs__put_node_revision (svn_fs_t *fs,

Gee, __dag_set_proplist, which calls this func, now checks that the
incoming proplist is well-formed.  Was that unnecessary?  Will your
routine now do it for me?  I was implmenting this promise:

/* Set the property list of NODE to PROPLIST, as part of TRAIL.  The
   node being changed must be mutable.  This verifies that PROPLIST is
   well-formed.  */
svn_error_t *svn_fs__dag_set_proplist (dag_node_t *node,
                                       skel_t *proplist,
                                       trail_t *trail);

Re: CVS update: subversion/subversion/libsvn_fs node-rev.h

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@newton.ch.collab.net>.
Jim Blandy <ji...@zwingli.cygnus.com> writes:

> Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@newton.ch.collab.net> writes:
> > jimb@tigris.org writes:
> > >   +   This function checks that SKEL is a well-formed NODE-REVISION skel.
> > >   +
> > >    svn_error_t *svn_fs__put_node_revision (svn_fs_t *fs,
> >
> > Gee, __dag_set_proplist, which calls this func, now checks that the
> > incoming proplist is well-formed.  Was that unnecessary?  Will your
> > routine now do it for me?
>
> Yeah, it was unnecessary.  nodes-table.c is already doing those
> checks, actually.

Oh well, I'll remove my checks, then.  I guess the promise made by my
routine's docstring was transitive.  :)

Re: CVS update: subversion/subversion/libsvn_fs node-rev.h

Posted by Jim Blandy <ji...@zwingli.cygnus.com>.