Posted to dev@ctakes.apache.org by "Dligach, Dmitriy" <dd...@luc.edu> on 2018/10/04 21:46:04 UTC

mapping drug mentions to rxcuis

Dear cTAKES developers and users,

cTAKES dictionary lookup is very much capable of identifying drug mentions (e.g. ‘morphine sulfate’). I believe ctakes-drug-ner is capable of identifying drug dosage, frequency, etc. (although I haven’t tried it — if somebody had good experience with it please let me know).

My main question is:

Is there a tool in cTAKES or elsewhere that could map drug mentions to RxCUIs? This is slightly different from what dictionary lookup does; e.g. RxCUI for MORPHINE SULFATE 4 MG/ML INJ SOLN is 894779, while for MORPHINE SULFATE 2 MG/ML INJ, it is 892588 (i.e. it differs because of the dosage).

Thank you in advance,

Dima