Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Joelle <jp...@seinesaintdenis.fr> on 2018/04/27 00:41:58 UTC

regexp dealing with display name don't work

Hello,

I want to block e-mails with a sender display name containing given strings.

All my rules of the type ;
From:name =~ /string/
don't work

On the other side,
rules of the type :
From:addr =~ /string/
work

and rules of the type
From =~ /string/
work only if string lies in the address part of the From field

What must I do to filter e-mails on the display name ?

--
Sent from: http://spamassassin.1065346.n5.nabble.com/SpamAssassin-Users-f3.html

Re: regexp dealing with display name don't work

Posted by John Hardin <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Thu, 26 Apr 2018, Joelle wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to block e-mails with a sender display name containing given strings.
>
> All my rules of the type ;
> From:name =~ /string/
> don't work
>
> On the other side,
> rules of the type :
> From:addr =~ /string/
> work
>
> and rules of the type
>> From =~ /string/
> work only if string lies in the address part of the From field
>
> What must I do to filter e-mails on the display name ?

Firstly, please provide some examples of complete From: headers that you
want to match. Please don't change them in any way.

Secondly, your first example is case-sensitive. Is it possible that your
RE and the actual header display name you want to match differ in case?

   From the Liberty perspective, it doesn't matter if it's a
   jackboot or a Birkenstock smashing your face.         -- Robb Allen
  5 days until May Day - Remember 110 million people murdered by Communism