Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Dutcher, Karl E" <ka...@baesystems.com> on 2002/11/07 22:27:15 UTC

SGI/IRIX compile?

Has anyone done an SGI/IRIX compile?  I started one, got past the makefile
setup and a slew of adding #ifdef's, but hit an error that has me stumped
for the moment:

cc-1229 CC: ERROR File = /usr/include/CC/iosfwd, Line = 100

  The redeclaration of type name "ios" (declared at line 54 of
"/usr/include/CC/iostream.h") is invalid.

  typedef basic_ios<char>    ios;

                                          ^

It seems that an SGI/IRIX port was attempted in the past due to the evidence
of XALAN_SGI_BASED_STL.  If someone has info on SGI/IRIX building, I'd
appreciate any info.

I thank you,

Karl Dutcher

Re: Xalan.exe and AllInOne dll build

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

You'll have to change the dependencies.  Choose Project | Dependencies,
then select XalanExe.  Uncheck all of the boxes, then check AllInOne and
rebuild XalanExe.

Dave

                      "Ilian Iliev"
                      <ilian@wizcom.bg         To:      <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      >                        cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                               Subject: Xalan.exe and AllInOne dll build
                      11/08/2002 12:24
                      AM

  Hi all,
  I've just build Xalan1.4 as a single DLL using VC6 project AllInOne, and
get Xalan-C_1_4_0.dll. But how I can build executable Xalan.exe (or
XalanTransform.exe) to depends only from this DLL (and from Xerces DLL of
course)? Currently, when I build it, it depends from Xerces-C_2_1_0.dll,
XSLT_1_4_0.dll and XalanDOM_1_4_0.dll, and they have dependencies from
other
Xalan's DLLs.
  Thanks in advance.

Xalan.exe and AllInOne dll build

Re: SGI/IRIX compile?

Posted by David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM <da...@us.ibm.com>.

Hi Karl,

I think there was an IRIX port a while back, but the diffs where not
returned to us, so I have no idea what needs to be changed.

The XALAN_SGI_BASED_STL has nothing to do with the IRIX port.  The SGI
implementation of the STL was very popular at one point, and it included
some adapter templates that were interesting, but weren't available on all
the platforms, hence the define was needed to prevent a duplicate
definition.

The problem you're seeing is likely due to issues with old stream headers
vs. new stream headers.  If the IRIX compiler is modern, you can follow the
model of one of the more modern compilers, like HP aCC or the DEC Tru64
compiler, with just a few #defines to configure the source code.  You
should not need _any_ ifdefs in the source code.  If the compiler is not
up-to-date, you'll need to tinker more with the #define in the compiler
configuration file.

You might want to start with a compiler definitions file with just the
basics, then add/subtract what's necessary.  Try starting with this:

#define XALAN_XALANDOMCHAR_USHORT_MISMATCH
#define XALAN_POSIX2_AVAILABLE
#define XALAN_INLINE_INITIALIZATION
#define XALAN_MODERN_STL

and go from there.

Alternately, if this machine is available externally, and you can provide a
temporary login, I can probably do the port fairly quickly.

At any rate, if you can return the diffs once everythings done, that would
be great.

Please post back if you need more help.

Dave

                      "Dutcher, Karl E"
                      <karl.dutcher@baes         To:      "'xalan-c-users@xml.apache.org'" <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                      ystems.com>                cc:      (bcc: David N Bertoni/Cambridge/IBM)
                                                 Subject: SGI/IRIX compile?
                      11/07/2002 01:27
                      PM