Posted to oak-dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com> on 2015/03/30 10:01:24 UTC

[VOTE][RESULT] retire oak-mk into attic

The vote results are as follows:

+1 Marcel Reutegger
    +1 Michael Dürig
+1 Thomas Mueller    ("for moving oak-mk and oak-mk-api to attic and
removing all other MicroKernel implementations")
+1 Stefan Guggisberg ("for removing oak-mk, oak-mk-api and all MicroKernel
implementations")

-1 Stefan Guggisberg ("for removing oak-mk but keeping oak-mk-api")

+1 Angela Schreiber

Not sure, what the correct procedure is now. Shall I cancel
this vote and start a new one for

   "moving oak-mk and oak-mk-api to attic and removing all other
MicroKernel implementations"

? Or should I rather extend this very vote to make sure everyone
would be comfortable with the extended scope as proposed by Stefan?

Please advise
Regards

Angela

Re: [VOTE][RESULT] retire oak-mk into attic

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.
for the record:
michael, marcel and myself had a short discussion in the office.
based on the indication that we can reach consensus for stefans
proposal, we went ahead deprecating the mk api for 1.2 as initial
step for the cleanup. all subsequent cleanup work will be done
once the stable 1.2 release is out giving us enough time to
get rid of the few remaining usages of the mk-api in oak-core
and oak-it. see subtasks for OAK-2697 for the proposed sequence
of steps.

kind regards
angela

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@adobe.com>.