Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de> on 2007/03/01 13:12:15 UTC

svnadmin dump / svnadmin load Problem

Hi there,

i have a single repos with a single project which start with

/trunk
/branches
/tags

ok. Now i have made svnadmin dump skmbuch >skmbuch.dump

and now i've created a new repository by

svnadmin create testrepos

and now i would like to
load the dump of x into new

svnadmin load --parent-dir skmbuch testrepos <skmbuch.dump

but i got the following message:
svnadmin load --parent-dir skmbuch testrepos <skmbuch.dump
<<< Started new transaction, based on original revision 1
svnadmin: File not found: transaction '0-1', path 'skmbuch/branches'
     * adding path : skmbuch/branches ...kama@traveler:~>

BTW: I'm using Subversion 1.4.2 on Linux, but the same on Windows (XP).

Can someone give me an hint what was wrong ? May be i'm a little bit
confused...

Thanks in advance.
Kind regards
Karl Heinz Marbaise
--
SoftwareEntwicklung Beratung Schulung        http://www.soebes.de
Dipl.Ing.(FH) Karl Heinz Marbaise            email: info@soebes.de

Re: svnadmin dump / svnadmin load Problem

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Ryan,
> I think you need to create the skmbuch directory in the new repository
> first.
>
> svnadmin create testrepos
> svn mkdir file://`pwd`/testrepos/skmbuch -m "making empty directory
> skmbuch"
> svnadmin load --parent-dir skmbuch testrepos < skmbuch.dump
Oh my lord.......
Yes of course you are right. It was my fault, cause it is documented
this way....i was a little bit confused and missed to create the
directory before loading....may be this could be added to "svnadmin load
--parent-dir" to create the directory before importing...but this is an
other thing...

It is behaviour as documented...

Thanks for your help.

Kind regards