Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by elaheh mehraban <el...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/19 07:45:17 UTC

Mac OS-X apache hadoop installation issues

hadoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop jar hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar grep input output
'dfs[a-z.]+'

i run this command

hdoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop jar hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar grep input output
'dfs[a-z.]+'

i have got this error

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Error opening job jar:
hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar

Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127)

at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135)

at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:72)

Re: Mac OS-X apache hadoop installation issues

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Nikit,

We had responded to this earlier with a possible solution (Use a
_proper_ jar path being it.) See the response at
http://search-hadoop.com/m/8ryfMcUvPQ1

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Nikit Saraf <ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I too am getting the same errors when I am running the same command on Ubuntu.I
> have searched the whole internet but could not find a solution to it.Were you
> able to solve? If yes, then will you help me? I have started snatching my
> hairs!!!

HTH!

--
Harsh J

Re: Mac OS-X apache hadoop installation issues

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
The right path/command would be:

hadoop-1.0.1/bin/hadoop jar hadoop-1.0.1/hadoop-1.0.1-examples.jar
grep input output
'dfs[a-z.]+'

--
Harsh J

Re: Mac OS-X apache hadoop installation issues

Posted by Jabir Ahmed <ja...@gmail.com>.
Is the jar in your class path