Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/08 18:40:15 UTC

Planning for Pulsar 2.2 release

Hi all,

Although we just announced 2.1, we already have a lot of new features
merged since 2.1 candidate is cut. For example, Pulsar SQL, GCS support as
tiered storage and such. Shall we target at releasing 2.2 at the end of
August? Since releasing usually takes 1~2 weeks, that would be released
around Mid September.

What are the thoughts around this?

Any committers volunteer to drive 2.2 release?

- Sijie

Re: Planning for Pulsar 2.2 release

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Thank you Ali. However the release manager has be an Apache committer
first, since it requires permissions to access ASF infrastructure for the
whole release process.

- Sijie

Posted by Ali Ahmed <ah...@gmail.com>.
I will volunteer.

--
-Ali

Re: Planning for Pulsar 2.2 release

Posted by Sijie Guo <gu...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I have gone through the issues for 2.2 and moved the tasks that are not
needed for 2.2 out.

There are 13 pull requests open for 2.2, most of them are ready to go.
Please take a look at the issues. If you have issues that are needed to be
included at 2.2 release, please mark them for 2.2 release.
Once all the issues are merged, we should start the process for releasing
2.2

https://github.com/apache/incubator-pulsar/milestone/16

Thanks,
Sijie