Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Radu Toev <ra...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/15 16:23:29 UTC

Solr multiple cores - multiple databases approach

Hello,

I have a use where I'm trying to integrate Solr:
 - 2 databases with the same schema
 - I want to index multiple enttities from those databases
My question is what is the best way of approaching this topic:
 - should I create a core for each database and inside that core create a
document with all information that I need?

Re: Solr multiple cores - multiple databases approach

Posted by Em <ma...@yahoo.de>.
Hello Radu,

>  - I want to index multiple enttities from those databases
Do you want to combine data of both databases within one document or are
you just interested in indexing both databases on their own?

If the second applies: You can do it within one core by using a field
(i.e. "source") to filter on it or create a core per database which
would completely seperate both indizes from eachother.

It depends on your usecase and access-patterns. To tell you more, you
should provide us more information.

Regards,
Em