Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Jack <ge...@nm.ru> on 2008/04/26 07:38:12 UTC

Probably bug in svnserve

Hi! I have a problem with svnserve running on my WL-500gp router ( svnserve after minute of work not responds to TortoiseSVN ). There are steps to reproduce it:

step 1: buy Asus WL-500gp wireless router =)
step 2: download latest Oleg's firmware for it http://oleg.wl500g.info, install it
step 3: mount USB flash drive, install svn ( ipkg upgrade && ipkg install svn )
step4: copy repository to USB flash drive, execute svnserve as daemon
step5: uncomment 2 lines in svnserve.conf:
anon-access = none
auth-access = write
( svnserve works normal while lines commented )
step6: use Repo Browser tool from TortoiseSVN client about minute and get freeze

Why commenting these two lines removes svnserve's freezing?

Re: Probably bug in svnserve

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 9:38 AM, Jack <ge...@nm.ru> wrote:
> Hi! I have a problem with svnserve running on my WL-500gp router ( svnserve after minute of work not responds to TortoiseSVN ). There are steps to reproduce it:
>
>  step 1: buy Asus WL-500gp wireless router =)
>  step 2: download latest Oleg's firmware for it http://oleg.wl500g.info, install it
>  step 3: mount USB flash drive, install svn ( ipkg upgrade && ipkg install svn )
>  step4: copy repository to USB flash drive, execute svnserve as daemon
>  step5: uncomment 2 lines in svnserve.conf:
>  anon-access = none
>  auth-access = write
>  ( svnserve works normal while lines commented )
>  step6: use Repo Browser tool from TortoiseSVN client about minute and get freeze
>
>  Why commenting these two lines removes svnserve's freezing?

Your question doesn't have to do with items 1 to 4. Nor is it a
question for dev@, not even if it's not being answered on users@.

The problem is that your random number generator is running out of
entropy (most likely, you're using /dev/random, or actually, APR
is...) Search the list archives for solutions.

Bye,

Erik.

Re: Probably bug in svnserve

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <eh...@gmail.com>.