Posted to user@drill.apache.org by "Jahagirdar, Madhu" <ma...@philips.com> on 2015/03/03 04:11:54 UTC

Reg: FLATTEN

All,

I am getting below error just executing simple statement on flatten, let me know if its bug or something I am doing wrong

select flatten(fillings) as f

  from dfs.`/Users/philips/Development/BigData/RS/json/test.json`

  where f.cal>300

  ;

JSON:

{"name":"classic","fillings":[{"name":"sugar","cal":500}]}

ERROR:

Error: exception while executing query: Failure while executing query. (state=,code=0)

0: jdbc:drill:zk=local> select flatten(fillings) as f

. . . . . . . . . . . >   from dfs.`/Users/Development/BigData/RS/json/test.json`

. . . . . . . . . . . >   where f.name='sugar'

. . . . . . . . . . . >   ;

Mar 03, 2015 7:47:03 AM org.eigenbase.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException <init>

SEVERE: org.eigenbase.sql.validate.SqlValidatorException: Table 'f' not found

Mar 03, 2015 7:47:03 AM org.eigenbase.util.EigenbaseException <init>

SEVERE: org.eigenbase.util.EigenbaseContextException: At line 3, column 9: Table 'f' not found

Query failed: Query failed: Failure validating SQL. org.eigenbase.util.EigenbaseContextException: At line 3, column 9: Table 'f' not found

Error: exception while executing query: Failure while executing query. (state=,code=0)

Regards,

Madhu Jahagirdar

________________________________

Re: Reg: FLATTEN

Posted by Abhishek Girish <ag...@mapr.com>.
Hey Madhu,

Could you try and rewrite the query - something like as shown below:

> select t.f.`name` from (select flatten(fillings) as f from
dfs.`/Users/Development/BigData/RS/json/test.json`) t where t.f.`name`='sugar'
;

This could be possibly related to DRILL-2208
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-2208>

Regards,
Abhishek

--