Posted to user@whirr.apache.org by Bob Tiernay <bt...@hotmail.com> on 2014/07/13 17:15:44 UTC

Whirr Status Inquiry

Hi all,

I am very keen on the possibility of using Whirr in many of my current projects since Whirr is Java based, uses jclouds which supports many cloud providers, is embeddable in a host application and has number useful plugins such as https://github.com/cloudera/whirr-cm, https://github.com/ptgoetz/whirr-storm, https://github.com/ptgoetz/whirr-kafka, etc. that let you hit the ground running. Additionally, I don't see any real contenders in this space for ease of use / configuration and maximal portability of cloud providers.

I'm curious if the community could comment on the current status of Whirr. I see no projects commits, JIRA activity, releases, blog posts, Q&A questions and very very very few messages on the mailing list. These are quite bad signs for someone who is very keen on adopting it. I do not want to heavily invest in a dying technology so any perspective on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Bob