Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Kevin Roast <ke...@alfresco.org> on 2005/06/01 11:41:04 UTC

JSP expression values in MyFaces tags

Hi,

Would it be possible to modify the MyFaces tag desciptor files to allow
JSP expression to be used as tag attribute values?

E.g. In all our custom Faces components we have something like this
specified:

      <attribute>
         <name>id</name>
         <required>true</required>
         <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
      </attribute>

Where the rtexprvalue=true means we can use JSP code e.g.
<%=IDGen.next()%> within a tag attribute. However we cannot do this with
the standard set of HTML components in MyFaces. It is reasonable to
change this? If so I'll raise a JIRA issue.

Thanks,

Kevin
--
kevin.roast@alfresco.org

Re: JSP expression values in MyFaces tags

Posted by Oliver Rossmueller <ol...@tuxerra.com>.
Kevin,

for the standard components this cannot be changed because
rtexprvalue=false is required by the spec (because of the JSF expression
language). In general you can replace any scriptlet by using managed
beans and JSF expression language so from my POV there is no need to
allow request time attributes even for MyFaces custom components.

Oliver

--
Oliver Rossmueller
Software Engineer and IT-Consultant