Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2002/08/18 06:26:11 UTC

Re: cvs commit: jakarta-avalon-excalibur/containerkit/src/java/org/apache/excalibur/containerkit/verifier AssemblyVerifier.java MetaDataVerifier.java

donaldp@apache.org wrote:

>  Added:       containerkit/src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/info
>                        ComponentDescriptor.java ComponentInfo.java
>                        ContextDescriptor.java DependencyDescriptor.java
>                        EntryDescriptor.java FeatureDescriptor.java
>                        LoggerDescriptor.java ServiceDescriptor.java
>                        ServiceDesignator.java package.html
>               containerkit/src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/info/doc-files
>                        uml.gif
>   Log:
>  Start migration of info files.

-1

These changes imply some sort of quasi acceptance of containerkit as a
standard for the framework.  This is missleading towards the Avalon user
 and development community. Please move these classes back to the
original package.

Steve,

--

Stephen J. McConnell

OSM SARL
digital products for a global economy
mailto:mcconnell@osm.net
http://www.osm.net

Pete Donald: double standards ?

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Peter Donald wrote:

>>>you wont.
>>>

>>Would you care to justify this or should we conclude one of the following:
>>
>>    (a) you do not think you are need to respect a veto issued by
>>another commiter
>>    (b) you have a problem with written communications leading to an
>>inability to express your option
>>    (c) you are just plain stubborn
>>
>>I look forward with eager anticipation to your answer!
>>

>How about another conclusion.
>
>(d) Some kid doesn't know the rules
>
>I declared it a revolution. Revoultions don't need to be in forks (and
>generally aren't). If I ever want to release it as stable without decoration
>then it is a majority vote then.

So its one set of rules for you and another set of rules for everyone else?

I am a commiter to the containerkit project.  I have added content and
provide several bug fixes.  I use containerkit internally as part of
process of ensuring that the Avalon Meta Model remains a viable
solutions for Merlin, Fortress, Phoenix and anything leveraging
containerkit .  Your changes are not acceptable to me and I re-state my
request - please revert your changes.

Should you desire to continue your blatant exploitation of the
org.apache.avalon.framework namespace I would appreciate it if you
consulted the Avalon community in advance.

Chers, Steve.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.

> >>That is satisfactory.
> >>
> >>I will except to see this changed to be fork of the CVS head in the very
> >>near future.
> >
> >you wont.
>
> Would you care to justify this or should we conclude one of the following:
>
>     (a) you do not think you are need to respect a veto issued by
> another commiter
>     (b) you have a problem with written communications leading to an
> inability to express your option
>     (c) you are just plain stubborn
>
> I look forward with eager anticipation to your answer!

How about another conclusion.

(d) Some kid doesn't know the rules

I declared it a revolution. Revoultions don't need to be in forks (and
generally aren't). If I ever want to release it as stable without decoration
then it is a majority vote then.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald
| Contrary to popular belief, UNIX is user-friendly. It   |
| just happens to be selective on who it makes friendship |
| with.                                                   |
|                       - Richard Cook                    |

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Peter Donald wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 14:37, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>Peter Donald wrote:

>>>Then I declare it a revolution.
>>>

>>That is satisfactory.
>>
>>I will except to see this changed to be fork of the CVS head in the very
>>near future.
>>

>you wont.

Would you care to justify this or should we conclude one of the following:

    (a) you do not think you are need to respect a veto issued by
another commiter
    (b) you have a problem with written communications leading to an
inability to express your option
    (c) you are just plain stubborn

I look forward with eager anticipation to your answer!

Cheers, Steve,

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.
On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 14:37, Stephen McConnell wrote:
> Peter Donald wrote:

> >>-1
> >>
> >>These changes imply some sort of quasi acceptance of containerkit as a
> >>standard for the framework.  This is missleading towards the Avalon user
> >> and development community. Please move these classes back to the
> >>original package.
> >
> >Then I declare it a revolution.
>
> That is satisfactory.
>
> I will except to see this changed to be fork of the CVS head in the very
> near future.

you wont.

--
Cheers,

Peter Donald

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Stephen McConnell wrote:

> Peter Donald wrote:

>>> -1
>>>
>>> These changes imply some sort of quasi acceptance of containerkit as a
>>> standard for the framework.  This is missleading towards the Avalon
>>> user
>>> and development community. Please move these classes back to the
>>> original package.
>>>

>> Then I declare it a revolution.
>>

> That is satisfactory.
> I will except to see this changed to be a fork of the CVS head in the
> very near future.

         ^^^^^^
         expect

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Peter Donald wrote:

>On Sun, 18 Aug 2002 14:26, Stephen McConnell wrote:
>

>>donaldp@apache.org wrote:
>>

>>> Added:       containerkit/src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/info
>>>                       ComponentDescriptor.java ComponentInfo.java
>>>                       ContextDescriptor.java DependencyDescriptor.java
>>>                       EntryDescriptor.java FeatureDescriptor.java
>>>                       LoggerDescriptor.java ServiceDescriptor.java
>>>                       ServiceDesignator.java package.html
>>>
>>>containerkit/src/java/org/apache/avalon/framework/info/doc-files uml.gif
>>>  Log:
>>> Start migration of info files.
>>>

>>-1
>>
>>These changes imply some sort of quasi acceptance of containerkit as a
>>standard for the framework.  This is missleading towards the Avalon user
>> and development community. Please move these classes back to the
>>original package.
>>

>Then I declare it a revolution.

That is satisfactory.

I will except to see this changed to be fork of the CVS head in the very
near future.

Cheers, Steve.

Posted by Peter Donald <pe...@apache.org>.