Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by ja...@productive1.com on 2019/11/25 14:38:59 UTC

Products Requiring Configuration

Is there a way to put in constraints when putting together configuration
options in OFbiz.  For example

PCOO1

Option 1
256Ram or 512RAM

If you choose 512 RAM in the Option 2 one of the selections is no longer
valid

Option2
1TB HD, 500GB HD, or 250GB HD

If you chose 512Ram then the 250GB in option 2 is no longer visible or
valid.

Is there a way to build in these dependencies and contraints?

Thanks,

James

RE: Products Requiring Configuration

Posted by Swapnil Shah <sw...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Can try to leverage upon PRODUCT_CONFIG_OPTION_IACTN model to maintain such
compatibilities by having some user defined CONFIG_IACTN_TYPE_ID such as
'COMPATIBLE' . However I doubt if the surrounding code in Ofbiz is matured
enough to support all the related scenarios and hence might require some
more love to meet the requirements.

Thanks,
Swapnil