Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Seth Wiesman <sj...@gmail.com> on 2020/05/12 17:06:30 UTC

[Discuss] Breaking API Change in 1.10.1

Hi Everyone,

I realize I'm about 7 hours late but I just realized there is a breaking
API change in 1.10.1. FLINK-16684 changes the API of the streaming file
sink in a binary incompatible way. Since the release has been approved I'm
not sure the correct course of action but I wanted to bring this to the
communities attention.

Seth

Re: [Discuss] Breaking API Change in 1.10.1

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1 to improve and eliminate the possibility of incompatible changes to
user-facing classes for patch releases.

The PR for 1.10.1 release [1] is already updated, please kindly let me know
if any further comments.

I plan to merge the PR and officially announce the release in ~ half an
hour if no objections. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Yu

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.
The discuss thread for tightening the stability guarantees for
@PublicEvolving classes can be found here [1]

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/rb0d0f887b291a490ed3773352c90ddf5f11e3d882dc501e3b8cf0ed0%40%3Cdev.flink.apache.org%3E

Cheers,
Till

Posted by Till Rohrmann <tr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Piotr Nowojski <pi...@ververica.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Seth, comment received, will add it into the release note.

Best Regards,
Yu

Posted by Seth Wiesman <sj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chesnay Schepler <ch...@apache.org>.