Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Bastien Semene <bs...@cyanide-studio.com> on 2009/11/25 12:11:38 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_proxy configuration issue

Hi List,

I'm new to mod_proxy and I think my problem is really a newbie problem
but I didn't find the answer in the doc or Google.

I set up a forward proxy but I can reach only web pages located on this
server (any vhost of this server), I can't reach web servers on the
local network or the Internet.

I set up the simpliest configuration as possible for a forward proxy :

<VirtualHost *:80>
        ServerAdmin admin@domain.tld
        ServerName proxy.domain.tld

        ProxyRequests On
        ProxyVia On

        <Proxy *>
                Order deny,allow
                Deny from all
                Allow from a.b.c.d x.y.z.a m.n.o
        </Proxy>

        ErrorLog /var/log/httpd-fproxy-error.log
        LogLevel Info

        LogFormat "%v %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b" proxy_common
        CustomLog /var/log/httpd-fproxy-access.log proxy_common
</VirtualHost>

Apache is hosting others vhosts for repositories and a reverse proxy,
everything works fine there when I contact them directly.

If I try to reach "proxy.domain.tld" from a browser with this proxy
config, it works. I reach the default Apache page
(/usr/local/www/apache22/data/index.html).
If I try to reach another vhost on the same server, it works.
If I try to reach a web server on the local network it doesn't work,
error 503.
If I try to reach a web server on the Internet (Google) it doesn't work,
error 503.

For pages that works I have a correct message in access.log
For pages that doesn't work I don't have any message nor in
httpd-fproxy-error.log and httpd-fproxy-access.log

$apachectl -t is fine
$apachectl -S is fine
I can reach any webserver from the server with Lynx.
DNS are resolved through a local server, and resolutions are fine.
I have freshly installed nothing since mod_proxy was enabled for the
reverse proxy yet.

I review all the directives given in the basic example from the apache
doc. Everything seems fine

I'm using Apache/2.2.9 (FreeBSD) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7e-p1 DAV/2
SVN/1.5.2 PHP/5.2.6 with Suhosin-Patch configured
into a FreeBSD jail from 7.2-RELEASE-p2

Any advice or idea will be helpful,

Bastien Semene
Administrateur Réseau & Système

admin@cyanide-studio.com
+33 (0)1 47 86 30 80

Cyanide S.A.
5, Boulevard des Bouvets
92000 Nanterre - FRANCE

Re: RE: [users@httpd] mod_proxy configuration issue

Posted by Bastien Semene <bs...@cyanide-studio.com>.
The default vhost was the problem.
I renamed the vhost file so it is loaded first and it works like a charm
now.

Thanks a lot.

Posted by Emmanuel Bailleul <Em...@telindus.fr>.