Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by aslam bari <ia...@yahoo.co.in> on 2006/09/27 11:07:40 UTC

OutOfMemoryError - Heap Space

Dear All,
  I am using Lucene Content Indexer. There are some Big files of 70-80MB also in slide. When i setup lucene and start tomcat, It gives me this Error message.

  org.apache.slide.common.Domain - ERROR - java.lang.OutOfMemoryError : Java heap space.

  Any body help me?

---------------------------------
 Find out what India is talking about on  - Yahoo! Answers India

RE: OutOfMemoryError - Heap Space

Posted by Sven Pfeiffer <sv...@innoface.de>.
as the error tells you Java is running out of memory

you should grant it more memory

in java this is done using the -Xms and -Xmx arguments

can't tell you off-hand how to set in for tomcat,
but the docs or google will answer that :-)

hth
SVen