Posted to dev@continuum.apache.org by Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com> on 2010/01/12 07:02:24 UTC

Release Continuum 1.3.5

Hi all,

I think it's time to do a Continuum 1.3.5

Here are the issues fixed:

* [CONTINUUM-2207] - Missing value for key 'scmResult' if build group
project
* [CONTINUUM-2318] - NPE when adding Ant/Shell Projects
* [CONTINUUM-2322] - Unable to release project using distributed build if
<scm> is not configured in the project's pom
* [CONTINUUM-2348] - Wrong subject in Mail Notification when distributed
build is enabled
* [CONTINUUM-2350] - Part of an added project's scm url is cut off
* [CONTINUUM-2355] - {project.projectGroup.name} in prepare build
notification subject
* [CONTINUUM-2356] - Build order is not correct when distributed build is
enabled
* [CONTINUUM-2357] - Release perform error when removing M2_HOME from path
* [CONTINUUM-2367] - The current build result is displayed when viewing
build results with distributed builds enabled.
* [CONTINUUM-2377] - Build agents are not stored in continuum.xml
* [CONTINUUM-2379] - document that tags are not rolled back in a release
rollback
* [CONTINUUM-2387] - Members tab does not show the members correctly
* [CONTINUUM-2388] - Editing a build definition should use POST instead of
GET
* [CONTINUUM-2394] - Current build result link is wrong with distributed
build enabled
* [CONTINUUM-2411] - IndexOutOfBoundsException in
DefaultContinuum.executeAddProjectsFromMetadataActivity
* [CONTINUUM-2419] - Unable to build multiple independent projects in the
same project group when distributed build is enabled
* [CONTINUUM-1031] - Delete project performance is bad
* [CONTINUUM-2353] - Make it clearer in the documentation how Local
Repositories need to be configured in Distributed Builds
* [CONTINUUM-2365] - Provide a default configuration file for the
distributed build agent
* [CONTINUUM-2380] - Clarify Description of Build Agent Attributes
* [CONTINUUM-2363] - Missing documentation for 'Arguments' field on release
perform
* [CONTINUUM-2374] - Configure code coverage for 1.3.x branch and trunk
* [CONTINUUM-2414] - need to document changes to wrapper.conf on upgrade

Any objections?

Marica

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.3.5

Posted by Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com>.
Sorry missed that one :)

Marica

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Deng Ching <oc...@apache.org>.
Get well soon Emm! :)

-Deng

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com>.
No problem.

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 for Beta.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
+1 for Beta.

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 15/01/2010, at 10:41 AM, Dennis Lundberg wrote:

> It seems I just missed the release train with my documentation
> improvements. Sorry about that.

It'll give us a good reason to turn around 1.3.6 quickly with just the few remaining issues :)

- Brett

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.3.5

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 4:07 AM, Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The files are staged here
> http://people.apache.org/builds/continuum/1.3.5
>
> The site is staged here:
> http://people.apache.org/~ctan/staging-sites/continuum/1.3.5/

+1 for Beta quality

I tested the Jetty bundle on OS X with basic configuration, and
verified the signatures/checksums on the distributions.

(Please let us know what you're testing so we can fill in any gaps.
Looks like Brent took the war file for a spin on Tomcat (thanks!) so
distributed build still needs a run through.)

I'm hoping for a quick GA release with:
 - confirmation of a smooth upgrade path from prior versions
 - site improvement (thanks Dennis!)
 - maybe complete i18n if we have some patches to apply?

(The issue I called out earlier seems to be working as designed [only
one build tool allowed per build environment] and just needs
clarification in the docs.)

There seems to be something wrong with the staged site.  It should
look like this:  http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.3.4/

--
Wendy

Re: [vote] Release Continuum 1.3.5

Posted by Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com>.
The files are staged here

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brent Atkinson <ba...@usm.maine.edu>.
>From what I can tell 1.3.5 standalone on Tomcat (with archiva-shared user database) seems to be working ok, using non-distributed, serial build queue. Upgrade went ok too.

+1

[vote] Release Continuum 1.3.5

Posted by Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Re: Release Continuum 1.3.5

Posted by Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com>.
I'll start the release today :-)

Re: Release Continuum 1.3.5

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Re: Release Continuum 1.3.5

Posted by Marica Tan <ma...@gmail.com>.
No, we still need to fix 2338 (if it's a bug) in 1.3.6

--
Marica

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Emmanuel Venisse <

Re: Release Continuum 1.3.5

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@gmail.com>.