Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Na...@sas.com> on 2007/05/29 17:19:15 UTC

Build ordering?

Hi,

I am in process of integrating Ivy to a large enterprise build, and I am curious about your experience with the problem of ordering the build. We have to make sure we build the components from the bottom (no dependencies) up (most dependencies), and I was wondering if any of the Ivy tasks could be used to provide the topological order of the projects.

For example, does the output of ivy.resolve or ivy.report guarantees the ordering of the dependencies?

Thanks,
  Nascif

Re: Build ordering?

Posted by Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com>.
On 5/29/07, Nascif Abousalh-Neto <Na...@sas.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am in process of integrating Ivy to a large enterprise build, and I am
> curious about your experience with the problem of ordering the build. We
> have to make sure we build the components from the bottom (no dependencies)
> up (most dependencies), and I was wondering if any of the Ivy tasks could be
> used to provide the topological order of the projects.

The buildlist task does exactly what you want:
http://incubator.apache.org/ivy/doc/use/buildlist.html

Xavier

For example, does the output of ivy.resolve or ivy.report guarantees the
> ordering of the dependencies?

Thanks,
>   Nascif

Manage your dependencies with Ivy!