Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Ricardo Trindade <ri...@emation.pt> on 2005/04/14 13:54:21 UTC

log4j 1.3 printing messages to the console

Hi,

    Log4j 1.3 prints a lot of internal messages to the console.
    I get thousands of messages like this : log4j:INFO Returning
existing logger [com.
    I understand that the final release will not have, but is there a
way to turn them off for 1.3-alpha6 ?

    We're using it in production and this is the only problem we face.

thanks
Ricardo

Re: log4j 1.3 printing messages to the console

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
There should be an alpha7 released after we move log4j to subversion. I'd
say before the end of the month.

At 04:05 PM 4/14/2005, Ricardo Trindade wrote:
>Hi,
>
>    Are other alpha or beta releases planned soon ?
>
>thanks
>Ricardo
>
>Ceki Gülcü wrote:
>
>>Hello Ricardo,
>>
>>Those messages have been removed in the version which is currently CVS
>>HEAD. You can either checkout the source code and run ant or remove the
>>one or two lines in org.apache.log4j.Hierarchy emitting those messages.
>>
>>At 01:54 PM 4/14/2005, you wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>    Log4j 1.3 prints a lot of internal messages to the console.
>>>    I get thousands of messages like this : log4j:INFO Returning
>>> existing logger [com.
>>>    I understand that the final release will not have, but is there a
>>> way to turn them off for 1.3-alpha6 ?
>>>
>>>    We're using it in production and this is the only problem we face.
>>>
>>>thanks
>>>Ricardo

Ceki Gülcü

Re: log4j 1.3 printing messages to the console

Posted by Ricardo Trindade <ri...@emation.pt>.
Hi,

Posted by Ceki Gülcü <ce...@qos.ch>.
Hello Ricardo,