Posted to dev@cassandra.apache.org by Michael Shuler <mi...@pbandjelly.org> on 2016/12/08 18:29:05 UTC

Current Branch Merge Path - PLEASE READ!

The current branch merge path is, in full:

cassandra-2.1

 cassandra-2.2

  cassandra-3.0

   cassandra-3.11

    cassandra-3.X

     trunk

Wherever you start, please follow through the complete path to trunk.

I reopened JIRAs #12768, #12817, and #12694 for skipping cassandra-3.11.
Owners of those tickets, please commit to the cassandra-3.11 branch and
merge up. There were too many conflicts for me to comfortably try to
resolve on a straight merge from 3.0.

--
Kind regards,
Michael

Re: Current Branch Merge Path - PLEASE READ!

Posted by Jay Zhuang <ja...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Thanks Jeff. And I assume that the new features should only go to 3.x.

What about the backport process? For example, CASSANDRA-12941 is asking
for backport a fix, should that be accepted? I could argue that it's a
bug fix for Materialized View instead of new feature.

Thanks,
Jay

Posted by Jeff Jirsa <je...@crowdstrike.com>.
It depends on severity, but generally… If you find a bug in 3.0, you should work back to 2.1 to see if it exists in older versions. We don’t put minor fixes into 2.1 (or really 2.2 at this point) – 2.1 is critical fixes only, and 2.2 is getting to that point as well.

If it’s a minor minor bug, fix it in 3.0 and generate patches for versions newer than that. If it’s a critical bug, go back to 2.1 and see if it exists there as well.

Posted by Jay Zhuang <ja...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.